Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Day #3: Bonus Activity - Winter Learning Journey (Wild Eyes)


Winter Learning Journey

Screenshot 2017-07-10 at 3.42.16 PM.png

My First Experience with the wild eyes site was mind blowing!
I had a struggle with signing in but finally got accepted into the site. 
I upload "THE WILD BEEHIVE!!"
I looked around to see something interesting that someone would think it's interesting too. 
I looked and looked then finally I found something interesting! I found a wild beehive with heaps of queen bees and wasps around. I found the beehive sticking to the fence in my drive way.  It was dangerous to go near because it's opposite the place we used to park our vehicle. I am totally aware of getting in and out of my vehicle. You could see the bees big eyes resting on their hive. The Hive camouflages to the fence to make them not be noticed by the prey, While the bees buzzing around my garden collecting nectar and pollinating flowers.
Now I just realised that bees are so important to our life cycle.
I took a photo and posted it on the wild eyes web site and sooner discovered that the exact beehive I took has been there for 10 and a half years.





INSTRUCTIONS:
Bonus Activity: A really cool new website called Wild Eyes has recently been launched in New Zealand. It is a programme for students who want to complete fun activities (called ‘missions’), take pictures and post them on the Wild Eyes site. For this bonus activity, go to the Wild Eyes site and complete the ‘Giant Moa Discovery’ mission. To earn full points you must post a picture of your Moa on the Wild Eyes website and on your personal blog site. The Wild Eyes team and I can’t wait to see what you create!

Bonus Activity: 20 points

6 comments:

  1. Kia Orana Luisa,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme. My name is Jacinta and I am so excited to be blogging with you through the school holidays.

    I am so proud of the effort you put into completing Day 3 bonus activity. I must say this photo is very unique showing bees nesting on the hive. I really love the way you explained how much you understood after learning about the importance of the bees life cycle. It is very clear to me that you have been considerate about how to get in and out of the vehicle so that no one gets hurt. I am so impressed!

    I look forward to reading more interesting facts Luisa. Keep up the good work!


    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback Jacinta,
      I'm afraid you spelled my name wrong but its ok,
      But besides that I am so happy to have feedback from people from the program!
      Have a great holiday to you and your family.

      Regards,
      Lusia Pahulu

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Lusia,
    My name is Cheska Pul-oc, a year 8 studentfrom St. Patrick's school. I really loved you're discovery you have found in your garden.
    Hope you have a fun and exciting time in the holidays!

    Sincerely,
    Cheska Pul-oc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheska!
      Thank you so much for your feedback Cheska!
      I love your lovely posts in your blogspot!
      Thank you so much again for spending your time by leaving a comment on one my bog posts!
      I hope to see you in the top list of blogging in your class!

      Keep it up,
      Lusia Pahulu

      Delete
  3. Hi Lusia. Great blogpost. I like how you have completed this task. I think this is the hardest activity there is in the Winter Learning Journey. I couldn't complete this task myself. I think you have been doing a fabulous work on the Winter Learning Journey, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Oh hsen,
      I know right,
      Trying to post the wild eyes site, but finally I got accepted and got in and post something! I got to level 3 and 25 points from the one post!
      I hope that you having a blast in the Winter Learning Journey!

      Regards,
      Lusia

      Delete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz, ehsasnz@gmail.com