Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Day 18 Week 4 Activity 1/2 - Summer Learning Journey 2017


Activity 1
Imagine that you have just entered the zoo. On your blog, tell us what you think you might see on your visit. You can start with this sentence:
I had just entered the zoo when, all of a sudden, I saw…
I had just entered the zoo when, all of a sudden, I saw a long spotted browny orange with a  white brown face giraffe. I was so excited to see the giraffe looking at me, while the giraffe enjoy eating the leaves from the tree! She walks towards the fence to greet me! Opset the giraffe area there was an Ostriches making a crazy loud noises!! Aaaahhhhh Aaahhhhh! The noises keep going until , I finally turn around. They have big long peek bigger than the duck and long legs bigger than a chicken but they've got lovely strong feathers! I feel like going for a ride, On the ostriche! The ostrich characteristic is definitely like a ballerina! Feather down, I can see my friend the zebra with many white and black stripes! There was black and white breeds all over the place! I couldn’t tell which one is which! But they were beautiful too! I kept walking forward and saw these little cute houses for show! Suddenly, I heard a big loud funny noise it sounded like hhhhhhaaaaannnnkkkk Hhhhhhaaaaannnnnkkk!!!!!  It was A huge hippopotamus in the water staring at me when I came past them! It had a big nose, small ears with a big mouth and had square teeth!! It was awesome seeing a hippopotamus!! To be continued!!!!!!<!!!!!


Activity 2
When you are at the zoo, you have the chance to learn about some animals that are specifically found in your country. They are called ‘indigenous’ animals. This means that they are originally from your country. Use Google to identify two indigenous animals from your country. On your blog, post a picture of the animals and tell us a bit about them. What are they called? Where do they live? What do they eat?
1. Tuatara
The tuatara is a lizard type of reptile, that can be found living in the wild on offshore New Zealand islands. A relic from the dinosaur age, the tuatara are nocturnal, and live for a very long time. The South Museum in Invercargill features a large exhibit and breeding program.The tuatara primarily preys on insects, beetles, spiders, birds eggs, frogs and small reptiles and mammals.
Image result for tuataraImage result for tuatara
2. Kiwi
The kiwi is a flightless bird that lives on the forest floor. The kiwi are the only bird to have nostrils at the end of their bill, and forage for food by digging in the earth and smelling it out. The kiwi is the New Zealand national icon. Also the Kiwi lives in New Zealand's native areas. The time they only come out and eat is, at night time where it’s dark! They sleep in the daytime but they eat and be active at night time! Kiwis eat small invertebrates, seeds, grubs, and many varieties of worms. They also may eat fruit, small crayfish, eels and amphibians.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lusia,

    Wow great story it was very interesting. I also liked the facts about the kiwi bird and the tuatara I thought they were interesting and amazing.

    Keep up the work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lusia,

      I completely agree with both Katelyn and Von. You have created a fabulous story and posted really informative blogs about both the kiwi bird and the tuatara. I've learned a lot from reading your blog.

      Well done! It is wonderful to see you taking time to do a really good job with this activity.

      Awesome :)

      ~Rachel

      Delete
  2. Hello there Lusia,

    It's me Von. It's so great to see you back on to your blog, posting and catching up on some of the activities you have not completed! But Don't just give up yet just because it's nearly school... I mean make the most of your blogging and Keep up the amazing work Lusia!

    Well done Lusia for Keeping in touch with your Blogging!

    All the best and I can't wait to see you back at school.
    Von,

    ReplyDelete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz, ehsasnz@gmail.com