Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Day 17 Week 4 Activity 1/2 - Summer Learning Journey 2017

Summer Learning Journey

P.S I haven't been blogging that much lately because I have traveled with my family to America on holiday but I will keep up to date in my free time as best as I can! Cheers! xx

Day 17 – Famous Sights
Activity 1
On your blog tell us which of the icons you would most like to visit in your chosen country. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen it!
The Icon that I would choose is…….
Himeji Castle!!! The reason why I choose this icon is because I haven’t ever seen a magnificent castle in my life, this is the fare most beautiful castle that I have seen so far! Not only  by the look but by the history of it! This castle is well known as The White Heron Castle due to the elegants,white delicacy and more! I really would love to go and visit there if I can! This is Japan’s most spectacular castles from the imposing of size, shapes and beauty!
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Himeji castle.jpg



Activity 2
Let’s imagine that you have been asked to host a visitor from another country. They are going to come and stay with you for three days. During that time, you are expected to take them on a tour of New Zealand and show them some of our most famous icons. Where would you take them? If it was me, I might take them to Mt Cook in the south island, to the Sky Tower in Auckland and to Chums Beach in the Coromandel. What about you? On your blog, tell us which three famous places in New Zealand you would go with your visitor.
The places that I would take them to see is……
1. I would love to take them to abel tasman national park for a swim/kayaking or a walk for an adventure! It is such a beautiful place and would love to see the animals there too!
Image result for abel tasman national park animals
2. I would take them to the famous sky tower in the big city of Auckland! The sky tower would be so much fun you could see the whole city of Auckland! I can try convince them to try sky jumping as a great experience! Also fun fact: the sky tower is the tallest structure of the southern hemisphere! Isn't that Amazing!!!
Image result for sky tower auckland jump
3. Last Icon that I would take them is the famous Gondola & Luge in Queenstown! The gondola takes you up to a restaurant and place where you go on the luge! The gondola has an amazing beautiful view where you can see the beautiful mountains of queenstown! The Luge is an awesome fun ride down and very good for family fun time!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lusia,

    Wow, the pictures that you have included are simply stunning! Where did you find them? It would be great if you would include a link to the pictures just below each image. We call this 'image attribution' and it helps your readers locate the original source of the picture. They can then click on the link if they want to know more about any of the pictures.

    Based on the pictures that you've posted, I think that I will have to give the Queenstown luge and Gondola ride one day. I'm actually heading down to Queenstown in April for a few days with my partner, Andy. I wonder if he'd like to try the luge with me while we're there...

    I also wonder if I can convince him to try bungy jumping off of the Sky Tower. It might be a bit of a stretch as he's pretty scared of heights. Are you afraid of heights, Lusia?

    Thanks for posting all of this great information and the awesome pictures. I think that your guests will have a wonderful time touring around New Zealand with you as their guide!

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel for your feedback lately! I am absolutely scared to death of heights but if I had an opportunity to do it, I would just jump off and say YOLO! I haven't been up to date on the blogging because my grandmother has past away and i'm in America now to tribute to her. But I loved the 4 to 5 hour plane ride it was great! I also been to Queenstown with my family to the gondola and the luge! But I also went to the restaurant there it's absolutely divine! I have family in christchurch,Timaru,Invercargill,Queenstown, wellington, dunedin and more!Hhhh... I have heaps of family all around and some of them I haven't meet before!

      Regards,
      Lusia =)

      Delete
    2. Hi Lusia,

      Oh, I am so sorry to read the news about your grandmother. I hope that your travels were smooth and that your family finds solace and peace in being together. My thoughts are with you and your family.

      Best, Rachel

      Delete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz, ehsasnz@gmail.com