Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Day 15 Week 3 Bonus Activity Summer Learning Journey 2017

Summer Learning Journey
Bonus Activity
In New Zealand we have many museum and galleries. One of the largest is called the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa or ‘Te Papa’ for short. Inside Te Papa there is a huge exhibition called ‘Gallipoli - The Scale of our War.’ It has information about a special battle, the Battle of Gallipoli, that took place during World War I. Many New Zealanders took part and many lost their lives.
The battle started on 25 April 1915. We commemorate this battle every year by celebrating Anzac Day on 25 April. Visit the Gallipoli website. It will give you lots of information about this famous battle. On your blog, tell us three things that you learned about the battle.
Facts about Gallipoli
1. April 25, Anzac Day, was the day the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps landed on the Gallipoli Peninsula in 1915. That is why every 25th of April is ANZAC day! The first dawn service on an ANZAC Day was in 1923.
2. The Soldiers had to do their business near the beach and also was made by themselves!
3. All the soldiers that have been shot has a place called the bloody load. The Bloody load is a valley of death which is all the bodies that have been died and have been taken to the hospital!
4. Extra fact: All the Soldiers, they eat everyday is hard biscuits and  Corn beef! Imagine you eating rough, hard biscuits and lumpy salty,stringy corn beef everyday cause I won’t! I think that all the sacrifices the do to make our country at peace is amazing!



Bonus Blog = 6 points

3 comments:

  1. Hello there there Lusia,

    It's me Von and I have to say it's been a while I haven't comment on your blog. Anyways those facts are great and I love how you add images to go with your facts ,your doing great and keep it up!

    Von,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lusia,

    My name is Madeleine, and I live in Canada. I really enjoyed reading your blog! The facts you wrote about Anzac day were so interesting, I didn't know anything about Anzac day beforehand, and now I feel like a pro! My favorite was the bonus fact: I can't imagine eating only hard biscuits and corned beef either. I absolutely adored the story that you wrote on a previous post, about you winning the lottery,and your grandma having a heart attack. It was so suspenseful, I was on the edge of my seat! The plot twists were incredible, and it was so creative. I adore your writing style! Keep up the amazing writing, and have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lusia,

    I completely agree - it is amazing to think of the incredible sacrifice that these men and women made to keep our country safe. I can't imagine eating hard biscuits and tinned meats for months on end. I also can't imagine having little to no privacy and being forced to live in really difficult conditions. I can't even begin to imagine what the winter must have been like in Gallipoli. The poor men would have frozen...

    Thanks for reminding of the incredible sacrifice that our ANZAC soldiers made for us. I try to remember them every day but I definitely pay tribute to their memory on the 25th of April every year.

    Lest we forget...

    Best,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz, ehsasnz@gmail.com