Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Day 15 Activity 1/2 Week 3 Summer Learning Journey 2017

Summer Learning Journey

Activity 1
When you walk into the local gallery, the first piece of artwork that you see is a painting by Wassily Kandinsky called ‘Swinging.’
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Swinging by Wassily.jpg
While you are looking at it, a staff member at the gallery comes up to you and asks you for your opinion of the painting. What do you think of it?
  1. What do you think of this painting? Do you like it?
A) I think that this painting is really creative with all the shapes and sizes! No wonder it's called swinging! I very much like it!
  1. If you could buy it and give it to someone, who would you choose?
A) I would give it to my grandmother or my mum for a collection of their very own paintings too!


Activity 2
After exploring the gallery you decide to walk across the street to the national museum. It is an amazing place! There is so much information about the history of the country in this museum. It’s hard to know where to start!
After walking for a little while you come across a display with pictures of children that were taken in 1901 (over 100 years ago)! In this picture, the children are working on a local farm, milking cows. They are not going to school. Back in those days, children usually went to school until they reached the age of 12 or 13. They then left school and went to work. Imagine that you were alive 100 years ago. How would you feel if you had to leave school at the age of 12? Would you be happy or sad? On your blog, tell us how you would feel.
My Opinion about the pictures!
I think that I would be very sad to leave my education for a job because I wouldn’t be able to learn the things that I wouldn’t know by then! My education wouldn’t be as good when I grow up if I leave school from the age of 12! I think that education is really the main key for success! Without Education we wouldn’t learn anything any reading,any writing, any maths, any english or others!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lusia,

    It was really interesting to read your thoughts and feelings about leaving school at the age of 12. It really is quite young, isn't it? I feel the same way that you do about schooling. I believe that it (a good education) is the most important thing that we can offer our children. It opens up so many doors. I can honestly say that I now have a job that I love because I was given the chance to go to school and pursue my interests and my dreams.

    I hope that you will be able to continue to learn and study until you have earned a qualification that will allow you to do the job of your dreams, as well. If you had to choose tomorrow, what job do you think that you'd like to do as an adult? Would you like to become an artist, a teacher, a dentist, an engineer, a personal trainer...

    There are so many options! What would you most like to do, Lusia?

    I'll look forward to reading your answer once you've had a chance to think about it and write back!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz, ehsasnz@gmail.com