Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Day 13 Week 3 Activity 1/2 Summer Learning Journey 2017

Summer Learning Journey

Activity 1
Justin Bieber is arguably one of the most famous musicians in the world right now. He has had (#) of Number 1 hits, including the songs:
Watch the three videos. After you have finished watching them, rank them from #1 (best) to #3 (worst). On your blog, list the three videos in order from best to work and tell us why you have ranked them in that order.
1. Sorry
3. Baby
The reason why I puted baby down to number #3 is because I didn’t like the lyrics but I used to like it when I was like little but then it grew it out of me! I puted love yourself number #2 is because I love the beat and how you could hear the nice guitar playing while he sings!  My other reason why I put sorry on #1 is because I loved the song and the beat! It’s a great song to dance to!


Activity 2
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\WOMAD logo.jpg
Source: http://www.portableroadways.com/countdown-to-womad/
Every year there is a huge music festival held in New Plymouth, New Zealand. It is called WOMAD. WOMAD stands for ‘World of Music, Arts and Dance.’ The festival began in 1980 and there are WOMAD festivals held every year in Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Spain, Italy and The United Arab Emirates. They attract singers and performers from all around the world. Imagine that you are on the WOMAD organising committee for next year. Which two musicians/bands would you invite to perform? On your blog tell us the names of the two musicians/bands and tell us a bit about them. Where are they from? What kind of music do they play?
I would happily invite to perform:  Jessica Mauboy and Sia!
1. Jessica Mauboy is an Australian singer and Actor too. She was born and raised in Darwin, northern territory. She was raised to fame in 2006 when she competed in the Australian Idol show. She sings R&B and pop music. She is a beautiful and deep high voice as a angel! I think she is a great singer for the festival!
2. Sia Kate Isobelle Furler but everyone knows her as Sia! Sia is a famous Australian singer, songwriter, record producer and video music director! She was born in Adelaide Australia. She started her career as a singer in the  local adelaide acid band crisp in the mad 1990s. Beyonce and other famous singers sang her songs and got to the top lately! I love Sia’s songs and would love to hear her sing at the festival! She has such potential and she has an amazing voice!

1 comment:

  1. Great choices, Lusia! I love both Jessica Mauboy and Sia. I wish that they were going to WOMAD this year in New Plymouth. I am actually thinking of going myself this year. It is supposed to be a year for great female talent and I love female songstresses.

    Let's hope that the organising committee for WOMAD is able to convince some female acts like Sia and Jessica to go to WOMAD. I'll let you know if I come across anyone who reminds me of either artist. The festival is in mid-March...

    In the meantime, I'll look forward to seeing you when I come into St Pius X early in Term 1 to hand out the certificates and the prizes for the Summer Learning Journey!

    Cheers,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz, ehsasnz@gmail.com