Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Day 9 Week 2 Activity 1/2 Summer Learning Journey 2016


Activity 1
Now that you have met my family it is time to think about your own family. On your blog tell us about your family. How many people are in your family? Do you have any brothers or sisters? What are their names?
My family!
I don’t have a very perfect family actually but I don’t care! I live with my grand/godparents and 1 of my half brothers. My grandma is called Malia, (my grandads sister) my godfather is called Massanga and My 3 uncle / half brothers called Sete,Francis & Charlie. I also have 1 little half sister and 1 baby half brother that I haven't seen him before but I would love too one day! I have a huge family actually! I’m in the Pahulu family, Wolfgram family, Leger family, Katavake family, matalinga family and lots more! I have a huge family around the world (That I haven’t met)!


1469613299783.jpg

This is my brother’s birthday photo but my other brothers weren't in it so I couldn’t find another photo!
14502957_641619185998537_267175725474200000_n.jpg







This is also a photo of my dad’s family. This is not all of my dad's sisters and brothers children but it’s close. Some of them are in Australia.








Activity 2

Some families are very large and some are very small. Some of the smallest families are found in China where parents are allowed, by law, to have only one child. This is quite different from countries like America (U.S.A.) where some families have as many as 19 or 20 children. It is rare but it does happen!
In America, there is actually a family with 19 children who have their own television show called ’19 Kids and Counting.’ All 19 children have the same two parents (Jim Bob and Michelle) and every single one of the children has a name starting with the letter ‘J.’ The oldest children is a boy named Josh and the youngest is a girl named Josie. Amazing!
If you’d like to see a small clip from the show, follow this link: 19 Kids and Counting
Imagine that you were one of the Duggar children and you had 18 brothers and sisters. What do you think it would be like to have so many sisters and brothers living with you in one house? On your blog please tell us what you would like and what you wouldn’t like about living in such a large family.
Wow! Living with the Duggar family would be ruff but great to have a challenge everyday!!
I would like live: having sisters and brothers that is there for you because I am the only child, which means I am mostly lonely at times especially when your older too!

I wouldn’t like to live: in a large big family because sometimes what happens is if you can’t afford stuff to buy for the kids, Also it would be really hard to focus on each child. It would be so challenging to look after them at the same time like e.g cooking,cleaning,discipline and more.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lusia!

    Thanks so much for introducing us to your big family. Wow, you have family members living all over the world, don't you?! I had trouble keeping track of everyone as I was reading your post. The most important thing is that you live with people you love and who love you. I think that you're lucky. I actually live in a really unconventional family myself. I live with my partner (Andy), his 87 year old mother, his 24 year old son, my six year old son and our cat, Jackson. Sometimes we have adopted children and/or stepchildren come and stay with us. It's one big happy family!

    The rest of my family lives in Canada and I miss them. Fortunately, my mom is going to come and visit us soon. I can't wait to see her! She might bring my only sister with her but she's just had another baby so she might not be able to travel. We'll just to wait and see. Fingers crossed...

    I hope that you and your family are having a really nice holiday time. Are you looking forward to coming back to school? It's only a few days away!

    Cheers :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

anat@saintpiusx.school.nz, ehsasnz@gmail.com